Sunday 22 June 2014

Nausea, nausea, nausea -- oh and not forgetting the ulcers!

So, there's no pattern to the nausea and retching! I seem to have a couple of good days followed by a wipe-out day when I don't have the energy to get off the sofa.

And then there are the ulcers.  I'd read about this lovely side-effect but really hoped I would avoid them but I've got a couple of ulcers now, together with sore lips so the pineapple ice-cubes have come into their own....

Things are doubly tough at the moment as we visit mum every day in the stroke ward and I have to pretend that everything's ok in my little world.  She's too ill to remember that I have cancer and so we play the same game each day. Me, putting on a smile and pretending all is well when I feel like shit and just want to go home, curl up on the settee and sleep.  Still, the old acting skills have come into play and it seems to be working ......









Can't wait to see what else is in store for me :)


But I did manage to find my jelly sweets at the local market. Bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment