Monday 16 June 2014

Hello Royal Marsden ....

Travel up to London Victoria ready for our afternoon appointment at the Royal Marsden. Just up the road from the hospital, I decide a glass of wine would be in order. And we toasted to kickin' cancer's butt with a large one!
Kickin' cancer's butt
Kickin' cancer's butt
Good thing we are fortified as there is, yet again, more bad news. The cancer has also spread to my liver and it's pretty serious. We ask and get answered, all our questions, nothing's too much trouble, we're given leaflets on rare sarcomas, keyworker contact numbers .... Chemo is discussed and we decide this is the next step forward. I'm asked if I would like to have chemo locally or come up to RM every three weeks. By the time we leave, our minds are made up. Yes, it's a lot of travelling, especially when I start feeling really ill but there is no comparison to the care we're receiving from RM. Anyone who's walked through their doors can't fail to be impressed by the calm, positive attitude of everyone working there.
We're going to get to know this place SO well!
We're going to get to know this place SO well!
We are the last patients at the RM when we finally leave to catch the Tube back to our hotel and I can't speak for Kev, but I feel as if it's all happening to someone else. We now know the true extent of what's happening to me and what's been missed over the last two years and we are devastated. And angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment